Canoeing Lake Jocassee
Eclectic Sun Paddlesports Online Reservations Now Available!
Canoe Rentals Lake Jocassee
Old Town Canoe Discovery 133 – Quantity 5
Capacity 3 Adults
- Length: 13′ 3″ / 4.0 m, Width: 5″ / 102.9 cm
- Weight: 78 lbs. / 35.4 kg, Max Load Range: 800 lbs. / 363 kg
Mad River Canoe Journey 156 – Quantity 5
Capacity 2 Adults
- LENGTH: 15.6′ / 472 cm, WIDTH: @Gunwale: 33″ / 84 cm @4″ Waterline:25″ / 87 cm Maximum: 37″ / 94 cm
- MAX CAPACITY: 1100 lbs. / 499 kg
Canoeing on Lake Jocassee is an experience not to be missed. Canoeing is one of the best ways to get out and commune with nature, get some excellent exercise and practice a skill. Before you get out on the water for a trip in a canoe, you need to get acquainted with the basics and safety essentials of canoeing. Speaking of safety the first element to address is knowing how to put on, adjust, and wear a PFD properly. Wearing your life vest is a prerequisite for all water sports, especially for canoeing. The following is a list compiled by the American Canoe Association in conjunction with the US Coast Guard safety standards.
- Always wear a properly fitted life jacket rated for the activity with an attached signaling device such as a whistle.
- Be a competent swimmer.
- Boat with a buddy.
- Know how to self-rescue.
- File a float plan with someone.
- Have the proper equipment.
- Match your abilities to where you go.
- Practice Leave No Trace outdoor ethics.
- Paddle Safe, Paddle Smart and Know your Limits.
By learning the essential strokes and maneuvers you will improve your enjoyment and help ensure your safety. For more information check out the ACA publication Paddling 101.